Want to go flying but are grounded by the seemingly high costs of airplanes, instruction and aircraft ownership?
Want to know how to save thousands of dollars on buying, maintaining and flying a safe airplane of your own?
Frugal Pilot is dedicated to helping pilots and future-pilots fly on a budget with safety and fun. To learn more, simply click on the menus at the top of this page:
- Need to Know tells you more about the requirements of flight.
- Cutting Instruction Costs shows you how to spend wisely on flight instruction.
- Low-Cost Aircraft introduces you to safe and inexpensive airplanes.
- Budget Maintenance is your guide to keeping your plane safe.
- Managing Flying Costs shows you how to enjoy low-cost flying fun.
In addition, Frugal Pilot offers free information and resources on Sport Flying and Light-Sport Aircraft. And you can find books on discount flying and cost-effective pilot supplies by clicking on Flying Books, above.
Join 1,232+ Passionate Frugal Pilots
If you think that you have to a rich uncle or aunt to be a pilot, follow the lead of thousands of middle-class pilots who have traded their boats, motorcycles, classic cars or other toys for the ultimate fun-machine: their own airplane. FrugalPilot.com is the place to start! Bookmark this website and return often as we add new information, articles and resources that can help you get more out of flying for less money.
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-- Andre Gide